We’ve spilled lots of electronic ink about our eating experiences around the world. Now we’d like to get your stories.
Describe your best value meal experience – from street food to haute cuisine – and win a $150 gift certificate for luggage.com.
“Best value meal.” So what does that mean?
We are looking for descriptions of the best quality meal for the lowest price. Maybe you ate it while traveling, maybe you ate it in your hometown. We don’t want the cheapest meal that didn’t taste like much, nor do we want a description of a 3-star Michelin restaurant meal whose cost could have funded our travels for a month.
We would like you to describe a meal whose big taste surprised you and small bill pleased you. Tell us what made this meal memorable and unique. How was it served? What did it taste like?
Have fun. Thank you for participating and please pass word of this to your foodie friends and family.
- PRIZES: Grand Prize is a $150 gift certificate (for one or multiple items of your choosing) on luggage.com. Additionally, we will choose our favorite entries to highlight in a future article on Uncornered Market (think name recognition and link love for those of you with websites).
- WINNER SELECTION: The grand prize winner will be selected randomly via random.org.
- HOW TO ENTER: In the comments section of this post, list:
a) a description of the best value meal you’ve ever eaten,
b) the approximate cost of the meal in $USD, and
c) details (name, city, address, etc.) of the restaurant or street food stand where you enjoyed the meal.
Comments posted on the Uncornered Market Facebook page or sent to us by email will not be considered in the prize drawing.
There is no upper price limit on the meal you describe. We recognize that the cost of food differs around the world, but originally had something in the $5 range in mind. However, anything goes. Remember, the emphasis is on value: highest quality meal for the least amount of money.
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Deadline for prize consideration: July 6, 2009 12:00 PM, EDT. Comments will remain open on the post after the contest has concluded.
- WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: Anyone. We encourage people from around the world to participate. However, luggage.com only ships within the United States and Canada.
A word about our partner, Luggage.com
Our contest partner, Luggage.com, offers a wide selection of suitcases, carry-ons, briefcases, laptop cases, duffel bags, and much more. The brands they carry include Timbuk2, Delsey, Samsonite, Heys, Rimowa, High Sierra, Buxton, and Travelpro, among others. You should have no problem finding something you like for work or play.