We are asked a lot for travel advice, from which companies use for booking hotels and flights to what luggage we use. So, we’ve put together this resource page with all the companies and gear that we’ve used and tested over the last 10 years of traveling the world. Here you’ll find practical advice for planning and gearing up for your upcoming travels, as well as your digital nomad business. As we learn about and test different products and services we’ll continue to add to this to make this resource page as useful as it can be.
Go more in depth: Click on a question below for even more information
- What is your general travel advice for independent vs. group tours and booking accommodation and flights?
- What is your list of essential travel gear?
- What travel clothes do you use?
- What luggage and camera/laptop bags do you recommend?
- What practical considerations do I need to think about for long-term travel? (Hint: paperwork, downsizing, Power of Attorney, etc.)
- What travel photography gear do you use?
- Do I need health insurance? How do I find out about vaccinations and medical information for where I am traveling?
- What travel blogging tools do you use?
- How do you backup your data when on the road?
- What resources do you recommend to find responsible volunteering opportunities?
- What are some ways to travel with connection and meet locals?
SleekLens Landscape Lightroom Presets: When it comes to photography editing, I admit that there’s a lot more that I can learn. And, editing often takes me more time than it should. That’s why I was intrigued by these Sleeklens presets and brushes to see if they could serve as a sort of shortcut in my Lightroom photo editing process (e.g., kind of like filters on photo apps). I tested them out with photos from our latest trip to Kyrgyzstan (Jyrgalan trek and World Nomad Games) and found that not only did editing go faster, but I was able to get results through the presets that I didn’t know how to do manually. The trick is to spend time at the beginning playing around with all the filters so that you understand what to use so that you get the look or result you want. Disclosure: This was provided to for testing.