We get a lot of questions about travel planning, health insurance, the gear we use, packing lists and travel clothes, travel blogging tools and gear, and photography gear. We’ve put together this resource guide to help answer those frequent questions based on our eight years of traveling around the world. This is information we were looking for in one place when we set out to travel around the world. We hope you find it useful, whether you’re traveling across the globe or going to the neighboring city.
If we missed something (and we know we have!), please let us know by sending us an email and we’ll add it to the list below.
Click below on a question or topic to get started:
- What is your general travel advice for independent vs. group tours and booking accommodation and flights?
- What is your list of essential travel gear?
- What travel clothes do you use?
- What luggage and camera/laptop bags do you recommend?
- What travel photography gear do you use?
- Do I need health insurance? How do I find out about vaccinations and medical information for where I am traveling?
- What travel blogging tools do you use?
- How do you backup your data when on the road?
- What resources do you recommend to find responsible volunteering opportunities?
- What practical considerations do I need to think about for long-term travel? (Hint: paperwork, downsizing, Power of Attorney, etc.)
Note: Occasionally, we’ll use affiliate links for products and services that we use and recommend. If you purchase these through our website with this link, the price will stay the same to you and we get a percentage as a commission. Additionally, if there is anything you usually purchase on Amazon, please start your purchases with this Amazon link. This is a way to support us so we can keep sharing stories from around the world. Thank you!
What did we miss? Have a question that we haven’t answered here? Send us an email and we’ll add it to the resource page. Thanks!