Where should I travel? Should I take a tour? This is a question we get often, and the answers vary dramatically depending upon your travel goals, style, time and budget. If you are interested in taking a small group adventure tour, however, here is our list of recommended tours that we've taken.
For the last five years, we have been brand ambassadors for G Adventures as part of their Wanderers in Residence program. In that time we've had the opportunity to travel on their tours in destinations as unique as Iran and Haiti, as well as to adventure and adrenaline-driven destinations like Antarctica, Tanzania and New Zealand.
If you have a question on G Adventures tours or if you wonder if they might be the right travel style and match for you, just drop us a line. And, if you are new to small group tours, take a look at this article on how to get the most from your tour.
Our Recommended G Adventures Tours
1. Colombia: Colombia Experience and Lost City Trekhttps://photos.uncorneredmarket.com/South-America/Colombia/Colombia-Travel-Best/i-XCm96vB/ATrekking through the Cocora Valley on our Colombia Experience tour. https://photos.uncorneredmarket.com/South-America/Colombia/Colombia-Travel-Best/i-SxjCjpV/AReaching the Lost City on our G Adventures trek.
More reading on traveling in Colombia:
- An Experiential Guide to Colombia: 25 Ideas to Get You Started
- Travel to Colombia: First Impressions
- The Lost City Trek, Colombia: All You Need to Know
2. Iran: Discover Persiahttps://photos.uncorneredmarket.com/Middle-East/Iran-Travel-Photos/Iran-Travel/i-sxXR97F/APersian Design on Sheikh Lotf Allah Mosque dome in Isfahan, Iran.
More reading on traveling in Iran:
- Traveling to Iran as Americans: All You Need to Know
- Eating Your Way Through Iran
- Midnight Express: Iran to Turkey by Train
3. Haiti: Highlights of Haitihttps://photos.uncorneredmarket.com/Caribbean/Haiti-Travel-Photos/Best-Of-Haiti-Photos/i-k95w2px/AFisherman take to the seas at Cap-Haïtien, Haiti
More reading on traveling in Haiti:
- Travel to Haiti: First Impressions
- Haitian Food: From Pwason to Pikliz
- Haiti Trekking: A Beginner's Guide
4. Ethiopia: Highlights of Ethiopiahttps://photos.uncorneredmarket.com/Africa/Ethiopia/Best-of-Ethiopia/i-wkkntF4/ATrekking, Ethiopia style. Gheralta mountains in northern Ethiopia.
More reading on traveling in Ethiopia:
- Travel to Ethiopia: First Impressions
- Ethiopian Food Overview
- The Ancient Rock-Carved Churches of Lalibela, Ethiopia [360-Degree Panorama]
5. Uganda: Uganda and Gorillas Overlandhttps://photos.uncorneredmarket.com/Africa/Uganda-Travel-Photos/Best-Of-Uganda-Photos/i-gsHxSQZ/AGorilla trekking at Bwindi National Park, Uganda.
More reading on traveling in Uganda:
- Gorilla Trekking in Uganda: A Beginner's Guide
- Uganda Beyond the Gorillas: From Boda Boda to Bunyonyi
6. New Zealand: New Zealand Encompassedhttps://photos.uncorneredmarket.com/Oceania-South-Pacific/New-Zealand/New-Zealand-South-Island-Photo/i-4hQmNBK/AKayaking at Abel Tasman National Park, New Zealand.
More reading on traveling in New Zealand:
- New Zealand North Island: Don’t Sell It Short
- Extreme Wine Tasting, New Zealand Style
- 10 Life Lessons Learning to Surf in New Zealand
7. Japan: Discover Japanhttps://photos.uncorneredmarket.com/Asia/Japan/Best-of-Japan-Travel/i-8tvP7BN/ATunnel of Torii (Gates) at Fushimi Inari Shrine near Kyoto, Japan.
More reading on traveling in Japan:
- From Remote Control Toilets to Konbinis: Japan First Impressions
- Japanese Food Overview
- Japan’s Mount Fuji: Following the Path of Pilgrims
8. Tanzania: Mount Kilimanjaro Trek, Marangu Route + Tanzania Camping Adventure + Zanzibar Discovery
Note: When we traveled in Tanzania all three experiences were under the umbrella of one tour called Tanzania Encompassed that lasted almost three weeks. It was a great way to explore Tanzania, so consider working with a G Adventures agent to try and work all three tours into one trip.https://photos.uncorneredmarket.com/Africa/Tanzania/Mount-Kilimanjaro-Trek/i-PsqxsPp/AOn our way up Mount Kilimanjaro. https://photos.uncorneredmarket.com/Africa/Tanzania/Safari-Tanzania-Photos/i-wLc3Hpw/ACheetahs on the hunt in the Serengeti.
More reading on traveling in Tanzania:
- Climbing Kilimanjaro: Life Lessons from the Top of Africa
- Climb Kilimanjaro: Equipment and Preparation
- Safari in the Serengeti
9. Bali, Indonesia: Classic Balihttps://photos.uncorneredmarket.com/Asia/Bali/Bali-Photos/i-N269V2J/ASunrise hike at Mt. Batur in Bali, Indonesia.
More reading on traveling in Bali:
- Bali Holiday Week: Volcanoes, Diving, Temples, Cooking
- Bali Food: From Satay to Sambal
- Travel Snobbery and a Tour to Bali